Thursday, June 21, 2007

Get Me Outta Here.

Okay, so it's one more week until we're on a plane (well, two planes, but that's not the point). I have told everybody I work with (realtors, title kids, appraisers, wholesalers, etc.) that I'm going, and when, and my return date. So everybody has all their stuff done already in order for it to be accomplished while I'm still here ... right?

Wrong.

No, no, quite the contrary. Starting last Friday, I've had at least three calls a day about new deals. I'm not bitching, mind you, because I'd be in a right mess if the phone wasn't ringing. It's more that there is no way in hell that I'm going to get all these loans done, get the laundry done, get the house tidied, and get packed to go without being forced to either hire someone to help me or letting go of the eight shreds of sanity I've been so parsimoniously saving for this holiday.

What gnaws at me is the fact that the calls I'm getting are from people that have bloody well known for as long as six months that I'm leaving. Heck, some of them are people I talk to at least three times a week, and they know how jazzed I am about being somewhere else for a while. Instead of being able to have a nice, civilized wind-down during these last few days, I'm going to be beavering away like a rabid animal, trying to get everything accomplished. Adding insult to injury, I've had four different people ask me if I'm taking letterhead for pre-qual letters and if I'll have a scanner to send them (since I won't have an outgoing fax - I mean, I could use Uncle Brian's, but why would I do that to his phone bill?), and if I'll be able to receive faxes.

Let a girl have a break, already! ARGH!!

1 comment:

JohnnyNVA said...

My sympathy goes out to you. Far to often in the past I have gone through the same thing, last minute things falling in my lap...even though people know of my impending plans.

Umm...speaking of which, do you have just a wee bit more time before you leave? May have some more work for you! :)