Monday, January 15, 2007

Not N-Ice.

It's cold. Somehow it seems wrong that it could be this cold in Oklahoma, when we routinely have summers that begin in April and last well into October, with temperatures exceeding 100F for days on end, and eight to twelve weeks go by wtih no rain. On Thursday last week, the high temperature in Oklahoma City was 68F ... on Friday, it was 39F ... on Saturday, 23F ... yesterday, 24F (ooh, a warming trend) ... and just now, it's 19F outside with a 4F wind chill (for you folks in the metric lands, that's a -7C air temp and -16C wind chill).

I went into the front bathroom a little while ago, the one that has a north-facing window, and came out with my feet feeling as though I'd gone for a walk outside barefoot. Even in the utility room, I can feel a chill from the garage. (Would that I could use that as an excuse not to do the laundry ... sigh.) Outside there's ice on top of snow on top of ice on top of snow on top of ice, so it isn't fit for driving or playing or walking or anything-ing. The children and I are about to drive each other round the bend! Oh, sure, we made blueberry muffins on Saturday, but those were gone by yesterday afternoon. I do have some brownie mix and sugar cookie dough, though, and I suppose I'll make some of those to use to pacify the little monsters.

If not for the incontrovertible evidence to the contrary, I'd be pfffting at global warming just now. Brrr!

No comments: